There are rules for tradespeople to adhere to. They should follow the government’s safer working guidance and ensure they operate safely with strict social distancing measures in place. The government says:
• Tradespeople should contact the household in advance to check that no member of the household is showing symptoms of coronavirus or self-isolating. If they are, works should be delayed.
• No work should be carried out by a person who has coronavirus symptoms, however mild.
• Tradespeople should wash their hands on entering the property. They need to use separate towels or paper towels, which need to be washed or disposed of safely after use.
• Tradespeople should minimise contact with homeowners and remain 2 metres apart from householders at all times.
• Tradespeople are urged to implement a buddy system and ensure that the same people work together where this is needed.
• Tradespeople should bring their own refreshments, but households should ensure they have access to hand washing facilities, using separate towels or paper towels if possible, which should be washed or disposed of safely afterwards.
If you would like to discuss using a digger with a driver in Berkshire, Hampshire or Surrey during the covid-19 lockdown then please telephone 07710 023968 or contact Let the digger do it.